viernes, 4 de febrero de 2011

**


- I been thinking about us, too, about our people living like pigs and good rich land layin' fallow. Or maybe one guy with a million acres and a hundred thousand farmers starvin'. And I been wonderin' if all our folk got together and yelled...
- Oh, Tommy, they'd drag you and cut you down just like they done to Casy.
- They'd drag me anyways. Sooner or later they'd get me for one thing if not for another. Until then...
- Tommy, you're not aimin' to kill nobody.
- No, Ma, not that. That ain't it. It's just, well as long as I'm an outlaw anyways... maybe I can do somethin'... maybe I can just find out somethin', just scrounge around and maybe find out what it is that's wrong and see if they ain't somethin' that can be done about it. I ain't thought it out all clear, Ma. I can't. I don't know enough.
- How am I gonna know about ya, Tommy? Why they could kill ya and I'd never know. They could hurt ya. How am I gonna know?
- Well, maybe it's like Casy says. A fellow ain't got a soul of his own, just little piece of a big soul, the one big soul that belongs to everybody, then...
-Then what, Tom?

- Then it don't matter!





{John Ford - The Grapes of Wrath}

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario